In this joint project between the Catalytic Process Engineering and VUV Spectroscopy Group, you will be involved in further development of the available experimental techniques. During your PostDoc, you will perform all of the following tasks:
- Design and construct a liquid/high-vacuum interface and different reactors to unveil the hydrothermal depolymerization mechanism of lignin using model compounds and different lignins
- Performing online and operando isomer-selective characterizations (photoelectron spectroscopy and mass spectrometry) with VUV synchrotron radiation
- Realization of measurement campaigns, data analysis, and publication in peer-reviewed journals and at conferences
- PhD degree in chemistry, physics or related fields
- Strong instrumentation background and experimental skills
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Knowledge in the following fields is beneficial: reaction mechanisms, catalysis, reactors, mass spectrometry, photoelectron spectroscopy, high vacuum techniques
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information please contact Dr Sasa Bjelic, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application online (including list of publications and addresses of referees) by 30 November 2019 for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5101-02).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland.