Call for Proposals for µSR Experiments at the SµS
The Call 2021/1 is open for the µSR instruments DOLLY, GPD, GPS, HAL-9500 and LEM.
Notifications and beam schedule will be published by end of February/beginning of March 2021.
Deadline for submission in DUO:
- December 07, 2020, 23:59 CET
- For the instruments GPD, GPS, HAL-9500 and LEM:
End of April to September 2021
- For the instrument DOLLY:
A four month period between end of April and December 2021.
- The future FLAME instrument is foreseen to be commissioned early in 2021. Pilot experiments are planned for the second half of 2021. Regular user operation will be started in 2022.
Note that there will be a 2nd call with deadline beginning of June 2021 for the allocation period October to December 2021. This second call will be limited to the instruments GPD, GPS, HAL-9500 and LEM.
Proposals have to be submitted via the DUO web interface.
For details about the PSI User Office, see here.
For a description of the instruments see here.
In addition to the normal access mode (i.e. Proposals) beam time can possibly be obtained through Requests for Urgent Beam Time (see below).
- Allocation periods: see above.
- Deadline for submission in DUO for call 2020/1: December 9, 2019, midnight (Swiss time).
- Please note: this is a hard deadline - post deadline editing of proposals will be disabled.
2. Requests for Urgent Beam Time (Director's Discretion Time)
Reserved for feasibility tests or urgent measurements on new materials. A very limited amount of beam time is reserved for urgent beam time requests. For the request of urgent beam time (typically 1 or 2 days) an informal letter containing the relevant information about the project, the sample, the requested instrument and number of necessary days may be addressed electronically at any time of a running cycle to:
Dr. Thomas Prokscha
Head ad Interim of LMU Laboratory
Paul Scherrer Institut
CH-5232 Villigen PSI