Call for Proposals for µSR Experiments at the SµS
The Call 2022/1 is now open for the µSR instruments GPD, GPS, HAL-9500 and LEM.
Notifications and beam schedule will be published by end of July 2021.
The Call 2022/1 for the µSR instruments DOLLY, GPD, GPS, HAL-9500 and LEM will open in November 2021 (deadline December 6, 2021).
Next deadline for submission in DUO:
- June 07, 2021, 23:59 CET
- For the instruments GPD, GPS, HAL-9500 and LEM:
October to December 2021
- For the instrument DOLLY:
Not available from October to December 2021.
- The future FLAME instrument is foreseen to be commissioned in 2021. Regular user operation is planned in 2022.
Note that the 2nd call with deadline June 07, 2021, is for the allocation period October to December 2021. This second call is limited to the instruments GPD, GPS, HAL-9500 and LEM.
Proposals have to be submitted via the DUO web interface.
For details about the PSI User Office, see here.
For a description of the instruments see here.
In addition to the normal access mode (i.e. Proposals) beam time can possibly be obtained through Requests for Urgent Beam Time (see below).
- Allocation periods: see above.
- Deadline for submission in DUO for call 2021/1: December 7, 2020, 23:59 (Swiss time, CET).
- Please note: this is a hard deadline - post deadline editing of proposals will be disabled.
2. Requests for Urgent Beam Time (Director's Discretion Time)
Reserved for feasibility tests or urgent measurements on new materials. A very limited amount of beam time is reserved for urgent beam time requests. For the request of urgent beam time (typically 1 or 2 days) an informal letter containing the relevant information about the project, the sample, the requested instrument and number of necessary days may be addressed electronically at any time of a running cycle to:
Dr. Thomas Prokscha
Head ad Interim of LMU Laboratory
Paul Scherrer Institut
CH-5232 Villigen PSI