Call for Proposals for µSR Experiments at the SµS
The Call 2022/2 is now closed for the µSR instruments GPD, GPS, HAL-9500 and LEM.
Notifications and beam schedule will be published end of July/beginning of August, 2022.
Next deadline for submission in DUO (call 2023/1):
- December 01, 2022, 23:59 CEST
- For the instruments GPD, GPS, HAL-9500 and LEM:
May to September 2023
- For the instrument DOLLY:
Not available from October to December 2023
- Due to delay in the delivery of the superconducting magnet, the future FLAME instrument is foreseen to be commissioned in the first half of 2022, with pilot experiments afterwards. Regular user operation is planned in 2023.
The deadline for the 2nd call 2023/2 is June 01, 2023, for the allocation period October to December 2023.
Proposals have to be submitted via the DUO web interface. Please note, that the main text/description of the proposal, including figures, has to be uploaded as a pdf file, with a maximum of 3 pages and a maximum size of 4 MB.
For details about the PSI User Office, see here.
For a description of the instruments see here.
In addition to the normal access mode (i.e. Proposals) beam time can possibly be obtained through Requests for Urgent Beam Time (see below).
- Allocation periods: see above.
- Deadline for submission in DUO for call 2022/2: June 6, 2022, 23:59 (Swiss time, CEST).
- Please note: this is a hard deadline - post deadline editing of proposals will be disabled.
2. Requests for Urgent Beam Time (Director's Discretion Time)
Reserved for feasibility tests or urgent measurements on new materials. A very limited amount of beam time is reserved for urgent beam time requests. For the request of urgent beam time (typically 1 or 2 days) an informal letter containing the relevant information about the project, the sample, the requested instrument and number of necessary days may be addressed electronically at any time of a running cycle to:
Dr. Thomas Prokscha
Head ad Interim of LMU
Paul Scherrer Institut
CH-5232 Villigen PSI