Call for Proposals for µSR Experiments at the SµS
The Call 2020/1 is now closed for the µSR instruments DOLLY, GPD, GPS, HAL-9500 and LEM.
Notifications and beam schedule will be published by end of February/beginning of March 2020.
Deadline for submission in DUO:
- December 2020
- For the instruments GPD, GPS, HAL-9500 and LEM:
End of May to September 2021
- For the instrument DOLLY:
End of May to December 2021.
Note that there will be a 2nd call with deadline beginning of June 2021 for the allocation period October to December 2021. This second call will be limited to the instruments GPD, GPS, HAL-9500 and LEM.
Proposals have to be submitted via the DUO web interface.
For details about the PSI User Office, see here.
For a description of the instruments see here.
In addition to the normal access mode (i.e. Proposals) beam time can possibly be obtained through Requests for Urgent Beam Time (see below).
- Allocation periods: see above.
- Deadline for submission in DUO for call 2020/1: December 9, 2019, midnight (Swiss time).
- Please note: this is a hard deadline - post deadline editing of proposals will be disabled.
2. Requests for Urgent Beam Time (Director's Discretion Time)Reserved for feasibility tests or urgent measurements on new materials. A very limited amount of beam time is reserved for urgent beam time requests. For the request of urgent beam time (typically 1 or 2 days) an informal letter containing the relevant information about the project, the sample, the requested instrument and number of necessary days may be addressed electronically at any time of a running cycle to:
Dr. Alex Amato
Head of LMU Laboratory
Paul Scherrer Institut
CH-5232 Villigen PSI