X06SA (PXI) Beamline Calendar
- There are three calls for proposals per year; for the scheduling periods January trough April, May through August and September through December.
- Users who are interested in performing experiments at PXI are encouraged to contact the beamline scientists prior to proposal submission.
- Proposals have to be submitted using the Digital Users Office (DUO).
- Important deadlines for proposal submissions can be found at SLS Proposal Calls.
|PX beamlines Call schedule|
|End period, Normal/Test/Pilot||2019/12/31||2020/06/30|
|End period, Long term||2021/06/30||2021/12/31|
|Beamline for||Academic Users||Industrial Users|
|Morning Shift||09:00 - 17:00||09:00 - 17:00|
|Evening Shift||17:00 - 01:00||17:00 - 01:00|
|Night Shift||01:00 - 09:00||01:00 - 09:00|
Please note that the entire shift, including setup and loading/removing pucks due to robot operation is 8 h. Efficient user measuring time is dependent on that and will be shorter in general.
Note that due to machine shifts, the Night Shift from Monday to Tuesday ends already at 7 AM Tuesday morning. This also applies to Night Shifts preceding shutdowns.
- Single shift request is more likely to be scheduled on shift I (day shift) and double shifts request on shifts II and III (evening and night shifts).
- The beamtime has to be cancelled at latest 2 weeks in advance, otherwise the shifts will be fully deduced from the number of available shifts.
- In case the user provides a substitute with a valid proposal within the 2 week period the shifts will be deduced from the proposal of the substitute.
- The same rules and cancellation period hold for proprietary beamtime, with the difference that the shifts will be charged to the customer even if they are not used.
- The information about shift cancellations must be sent to the responsible beamline staff as well as to the local contact of the corresponding date if already assigned.
- The duration of the shift comprises setup of the beamline and possible loading/removing of samples in the robot.