Call for Proposals
SINQ - call for proposals II/20, proposal submission deadline: June/July 2020 (tbc)
The Digital User Office will be open for proposal submission approximately 4-5 weeks before the deadline. Of course editing and saving of proposals is possible any time.
Next Scheduling Periods
- June - September 2020 (I/20)
- October - December 2020 (II/20)
The following instruments will be either fully or partially available in 2020 after the completion of the SINQ guide upgrade program:*
|Single Crystal Diffractometer||ZEBRA|
|Small Angle Scattering||SANS-I|
|Triple Axis Spectrometers||TASP, EIGER|
|CAMEA (only available in cycle II/20)*|
|Neutron Imaging||NEUTRA, ICON|
|N-Microscope (experimental option on POLDI and ICON)*|
* Please note:
- The powder diffractometer DMC and the reflectometer AMOR have undergone major upgrades and will not be available for user experiments in 2020. It is planned to include both into the calls for proposals for 2021.
- The RITA-II triple-axis spectrometer has been replaced by the new CAMEA spectrometer and will not be available anymore. CAMEA itself is undergoing its commissioning phase and will only be open for proposals for the second cycle in 2020.
- The Neutron Microscope is an experimental setup that can be used on the two instruments POLDI and ICON. If you intend to use the microscope setup, please submit your proposal for ICON or POLDI and choose the option "Neutron Microscope" during the proposal submission procedure. Please discuss the choice of the instrument well ahead with the person in charge for the microscope.
- Finally, beamtime on the instrument MORPHEUS can be allocated by contacting the instrument responsible directly.