Call for Proposals
SINQ - call for proposals II-23, proposal submission deadline: 15 May 2023
The Digital User Office will be open for proposal submission approximately 4-5 weeks before the deadline. Of course editing and saving of proposals is possible any time.
Next Scheduling Periods
- September - December 2022 (II-22)
- May - August 2023 (I-23)
- September - December 2023 (II-23)
The following instruments will be either fully or partially available in cycle I-23:*
|Single Crystal Diffractometer||ZEBRA|
|Powder and Single Crystal Diffractometer||DMC|
|Small Angle Scattering||SANS-I|
|Triple Axis Spectrometers||TASP, EIGER|
|Neutron Imaging and Optics||NEUTRA, ICON, BOA|
|MuPAD (experimental option on TASP)|
|N-Microscope (experimental option on POLDI, ICON and BOA)|
* Please note:
- The reflectometer AMOR is undergoing a major upgrade and thereafter the respective commissioning phase. The instrument might be available for friendly users in 2023.
- The new small angle scattering facility SANS-LLB that is presently being installed in collaboration with our French partners from LLB is expected to take also some friendly users in the first half of 2023. For more information please contact the instrument team.
- The Neutron Microscope is an experimental setup that can be used on the two instruments POLDI, ICON and BOA. If you intend to use the microscope setup, please submit your proposal for the main instrument (e.g. POLDI) and choose the option "Neutron Microscope" during the proposal submission procedure. Please discuss the choice of the instrument well ahead with the person in charge for the microscope.
- Finally, beamtime on the instrument MORPHEUS can be allocated by contacting the instrument responsible directly.