External user operation at SLS possible again from June 5
Following the Swiss and international recommendations to slow down the spread of the COVID-19 disease and due to the growing number of travel restrictions PSI took the decision to suspend the external user operation at our facilities starting March 17th until early June.
From June 5 on external users at SLS are welcome again - of course in agreement with the existing travel restrictions.
The following regulations apply from June 5:
- The Priority access call for work on combating COVID-19 is still open
- SwissFEL remains closed for external users except for COVID-19 research
- SLS is open again for external users. Please observe and follow the international travel restrictions to Switzerland
- Remote or Mail-in experiments at SLS are currently still possible, please contact the beamline scientist to see whether this is an option.
- The accepted proposals retain their validity and will be rescheduled by the beamline managers as soon as possible.
- The further procedure for new submitted proposals depends on the final duration of the interruption. Users will be informed as soon as possible.
Those users who have already ordered badges and rooms in the guesthouse for cancelled experiments are asked to cancel their visits via the DUO system.
We are very sorry for any inconvinience caused by this case of 'force majeure‘ and hope that we can resume normal user operation as soon as possible.