External user operation at SLS and SwissFEL suspended until May 31
Following the Swiss and international recommendations to slow down the spread of COVID-19 and due to the growing number of travel restrictions PSI on March 16 took the decision to suspend the external user operation at our facilities starting March 17 until April 19. This period has now been extended until May 31.
The following regulations apply:
- SwissFEL will be shut down completely
- SLS Experiments in the context of the Priority access call for work on combating COVID-19 are still possible.
- Remote or Mail-in experiments at SLS are currently still possible, please contact the beamline scientist to see whether this is an option.
- The accepted proposals retain their validity and will be rescheduled by the beamline managers as soon as possible.
- The further procedure for new submitted proposals depends on the final duration of the interruption. Users will be informed as soon as possible.
Those users who have already ordered badges and rooms in the guesthouse for the planned visit of PSI are asked to cancel that via the DUO system.
We are very sorry for any inconvinience caused by this case of 'force majeure‘ and hope that we can resume normal user operation as soon as possible.