Technology Assessment Group
- To improve understanding and thereby enable comparisons of current energy technologies and future energy options for the electricity, heating and transport sectors based on environmental, economic and socially relevant factors.
- To provide quantitative, systematic, and interdisciplinary assessments of energy technologies and energy supply strategies through the development and application of consistent methodological frameworks and databases.
- To support rational decision-making for sustainable development in the Swiss and international energy sectors, and to communicate balanced research findings to decision-makers and stakeholders.
Chris Mutel, a scientist at PSI's Laboratory for Energy Systems Analysis who specialises in life cycle and sustainability analyses, prepared a challenge for the Energy Data Hackdays happening on the 24th and 25th of September 2021 in Brugg
Net-zero goal for CO2 emissions is technically achievable.
- Tiefenthaler, J., Braune, L., Bauer, C., Sacchi, R., and Mazzotti, M. (2021). Technological Demonstration and Life Cycle Assessment of a Negative Emission Value Chain in the Swiss Concrete Sector. Frontiers in Climate
- David Linden, Marco Cinelli, Matteo Spada, William Becker, Patrick Gasser and Peter Burgherr (2021). A framework based on statistical analysis and stakeholders’ preferences to inform weighting in composite indicators. Environmental Modelling & Software