Technology Assessment Group
- To improve understanding and thereby enable comparisons of current energy technologies and future energy options for the electricity, heating and transport sectors based on environmental, economic and socially relevant factors.
- To provide quantitative, systematic, and interdisciplinary assessments of energy technologies and energy supply strategies through the development and application of consistent methodological frameworks and databases.
- To support rational decision-making for sustainable development in the Swiss and international energy sectors, and to communicate balanced research findings to decision-makers and stakeholders.
Christian Bauer, a scientist at PSI's Laboratory for Energy Systems Analysis who specialises in life cycle and sustainability analyses, interviewed at the program Einstein by SRF on Electric Cars
SRF interviewed Christian Bauer, a scientist at PSI's Laboratory for Energy Systems Analysis who specialises in life cycle and sustainability analyses, on Electric Cars
- Eleftherios Siskos and Peter Burgherr (2021). Multicriteria Decision Support for the Evaluation of Electricity Supply Resilience: Exploration of Interacting Criteria. European Journal of Operational Research.
- Ozgul Calicioglu, Pandara Valappil Femeena, Christopher L. Mutel, Deborah L. Sills, Tom L. Richard and Rachel A. Brennan (2021). Techno-economic Analysis and Life Cycle Assessment of an Integrated Wastewater-Derived Duckweed Biorefinery. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering.
- Matteo Spada, Emilie Sutra and Peter Burgherr (2021). Comparative accident risk assessment with focus on deep geothermal energy systems in the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries. Geothermics