Technology Assessment Group
- To improve understanding and thereby enable comparisons of current energy technologies and future energy options for the electricity, heating and transport sectors based on environmental, economic and socially relevant factors.
- To provide quantitative, systematic, and interdisciplinary assessments of energy technologies and energy supply strategies through the development and application of consistent methodological frameworks and databases.
- To support rational decision-making for sustainable development in the Swiss and international energy sectors, and to communicate balanced research findings to decision-makers and stakeholders.
Chris Mutel, a scientist at PSI's Laboratory for Energy Systems Analysis who specialises in life cycle and sustainability analyses, prepared a challenge for the Energy Data Hackdays happening on the 24th and 25th of September 2021 in Brugg
L'objectif de zéro émission nette de CO2 est techniquement réalisable.
- Andrea Paulillo, Aleksandra Kim, Chris Mutel, Alberto Striolo, Christian Bauer, Paola Lettieri (2021). Influential parameters for estimating the environmental impacts of geothermal power: A global sensitivity analysis study. Cleaner Environmental Systems, 3, 100054.
- Peter Burgherr, Christian Bauer, Gianfranco Guidati, Domenico Giardini (eds.), Serge Biollaz, Martin Densing, Annelen Kahl, Aleksandra Kim, Michael Lehning, Warren Schenler, Karin Treyer, Xiaojin Zhang (2021). Sources of Primary Electricity Supply, Synthesis Report, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Domenico Giardini, Gianfranco Guidati (eds.), Florian Amann, Thomas Driesner, Valentin Gischig, Luca Guglielmetti, Marian Hertrich, Klaus Holliger, Rolf Krause, Lyesse Laloui, Olivier Lateltin, Brice Lecampion, Simon Löw, Hansruedi Maurer, Marco Mazzotti, Peter Meier, Andrea Moscariello, A., Martin O. Saar, Matteo Spada, Benoit Valley, Alba Zappone (2021): Swiss Potential for Geothermal Energy and CO2 Storage, Synthesis Report, ETH Zurich, Switzerland