X06DA (PXIII) Beamline Calendar
40% beamtime are reserved for X06DA industrial partners, 60% beamtime are open for public proposals.
- There are three calls for proposals each year for the scheduling periods January through April, May through August and September through December.
- Users who are interested in performing experiments at X06DA are encouraged to contact the beamline scientists prior to proposal submission.
- Proposals have to be submitted using the Digital Users Office (DUO).
- Important deadlines for proposal submissions can be found in at SLS Proposal Calls.
|Beamline for||Academic Users||Industrial Users|
|Morning Shift||09:30 - 17:30||09:30 - 17:30|
|Evening Shift||17:30 - 01:30||17:30 - 01:30|
|Night Shift||01:30 - 09:30||01:30 - 09:30|
Note that due to machine shifts, the Night Shift from Monday to Tuesday ends already at 7 AM Tuesday morning. This also applies to Night Shifts preceding shutdowns.
- Single shift request is more likely to be scheduled on shift I (day shift) and double shifts request on shifts II and III (evening and night shifts).
- The beamtime has to be cancelled at latest 2 weeks in advance, otherwise the shifts will be fully deduced from the number of available shifts.
- In case the user provides a substitute with a valid proposal within the 2 week period the shifts will be deduced from the proposal of the substitute.
- The same rules and cancellation period hold for proprietary beamtime, with the difference that the shifts will be charged to the customer even if they are not used.
- The information about shift cancellations must be sent to the responsible beamline staff as well as to the local contact of the corresponding date if already assigned.