i(2)PEPICO experimentThe imaging Photoion Photoelectron Coincidence (iPEPICO) endstation is used to study gas phase photoionization. Threshold photoelectron spectra can be recorded for gas phase samples. Internal energy selected ions can be studied by TOF mass spectrometry in coincidence with zero kinetic energy electrons. Thus, very accurate dissociative photoionization thresholds can be determined, which are used in ion cycles to derive thermochemical information.
More information on the endstations:
- VUV_Photoionization_Overview.pdf: Gas phase photoionization at VUV
- iPEPICO_Overview.pdf: Overview, iPEPICO endstation, originally published in DOI: 10.1063/1.3082016
- i2PEPICO_Overview.pdf: Overview, i2PEPICO endstation, originally published in DOI: 10.1063/1.4742769
- The most recent double imaging setup (CRF-PEPICO) also accommodates photolysis experiments and has been published in DOI: 10.1063/1.4984304
- An overview: PEPICO on Wikipedia
- Room temperature effusive source for volatile samples
- Molecular beam apparatus for cooling highly volatile samples and for dimer / adduct production
- Flash pyrolysis source to make free radicals from precursors
- Heated solid sample inlet for involatile samples
- Photolysis source including a Nd:YAG photolysis laser and a side sampled slow-flow reactor tube in the CRF-PEPICO setup
- Double imaging apparatus for simulateous imaging of photoelectrons as well as photoions
i(2)PEPICO software tools
The new, 2.3 version of the i2PEPICO analysis software includes a number of new features as described in the README file. There have been no significant bugfixes since version 2.0; inquiries, bug reports: please contact Andras Bodi.
- i2PEPICO_Analysis_2.4.zip: i2PEPICO Data analysis software and Manoscript 2.4 manual as of 6 August 2018. -- This is the last 32-bit release.
- i2PEPICO_Analysis_3.0b.zip: i2PEPICO Data analysis software and Manoscript 3.0 manual as of 15 October 2019 with updated EAH for use within PSI. -- This is the first 64-bit release.
Velocity Map Imaging software tools
- i2Invert.2.7.zip: Coincident velocity map image reconstruction program as published in DOI: 10.1039/c7cp05576e; inquiries, bug reports: please contact Andras Bodi.
- Lin_Basex0.7.zip: Lin_Basex program for velocity map image reconstruction as described in DOI: 10.1063/1.4793404; inquiries, bug reports: please contact Patrick Hemberger.