Quantum Technologies Collaboration - Facilities
The Laboratory for Micro and Nanotechnology (LMN) specialises in the research of nano and microfabricated structures, essential for realising quantum technology devices. The facilities include a surface sciences lab, a clean room, specialized 'industry grade' electron beam lithography equipment and x-ray interference lithography based at the Swiss Light Source.
The Physical Properties of Materials Group of the Laboratory for Multiscale Materials Experiments (NUM) prepares and characterizes advanced materials featuring novel structural, electric and magnetic properties. For these fundamental studies we use in-house equipment in combination with experiments at the PSI large scale facilities. The group operates and maintains the following equipment:
- PPMS 9T, Quantum Design (2 Devices)
- MPMS XL 7T, Quantum Design
For more information you can visit the Group web pages.
- A high resolution transmission Fourier transform interferometer setup.
- A transmission / reflection spectroscopy setup for the investigation of condensed matter
- A synchronized infrared pump-probe spectroscopy setup for the investigation of dynamic solid-state properties.