SLS MX beamtime update
Update of the SLS MX beamline operation during the COVID-19 period
Below is an update on the SLS operational status during the COVID-19 period:
- We offer general beamtime to keep the research going for the MX community in both academia and industry.
- We have canceled the Easter shutdown and will operate the SLS five days a week until the end of May (Monday for machine startup, and Tuesday - Saturday morning for user operation).
- We operate the three SLS MX beamlines in 100 % remote mode (i.e., no external users allowed on-site).
- We cover Dewar shipping costs for European academic users (due to the present situation, delivery delays are expected).
- The Call for the beamtime proposal for the second half of 2020 is due by April 15th.
We look forward to receiving your samples and proposals at the SLS and we wish to stay well and healthy in these uncertain times.