The scheduling periods and deadlines for calls for proposals can be found in detail at https://www.psi.ch/en/sls/calls
Preparing your beamtime
General information about how to organize in advance a beamtime is given at PSI User Office - Before Arrival.
PSI User Office - Before Arrival
It is recommended that the principal investigator contacts the responsible scientist to obtain any information required for preparing his/her experiment prior to the beamtime. Users are strongly encouraged to prepare an experimental plan and discuss it with the local scientist 1 to 2 months before the scheduled start of the beamtime period.
The following checklist can be used to prepare the experimental plan:
1. Desired excitation energies
2. Gas/Vapors that have to be dosed
3. Pressure in the experimental cell (10-3 mbar - 5 mbar)
4. Gas dosing setup (mass flow controllers or leak valve/s)
5. Measurement type (static measurement or flow measurement)