Before your arrival
Before you start the experiment:
- How to you want to mount/glue your crystal ? (available glues)
- Quality of crystal checked by X-ray? (eg.Laue with X-rays) /neutrons (Orion@SINQ, n-Laue@SINQ) ?
Orientation known? These instruments are available for free. For booking contact the ORION/LAUE local contacts.
- List of d-spacings with the selected wavelength is available
([http://trics.web.psi.ch/trics-programs.htm](bring your cif-file) ?
Wavelength 1.18 and 2.31 ?, sample environement, ...
Planning the experiment
Include also time for psi-scans to fix the extinction corrections as well as e.g. for testing Umweganregung (Renninger effect).
Instrument elements of TriCS (collimation, eg.)
Safety during the experiment:
Aliging the crystal and getting the UB: (intranet only)
When you leave PSI:
- Your badge and keys are returned /droped to the mail box ?
- Mobile phone 5873 retured to TriCS hutch ?
- Your sample is stored properly ?