Dr. Bojan Niceno
Deputy Head of LSM / Group leader
Computational Fluid Dynamics Group >>
Paul Scherrer Institute
5232 Villigen PSI
5232 Villigen PSI
Bojan Niceno works at the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) as the leader of the Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) group at the Laboratory for Scientific computing and Modeling (LSM) in the Nuclear Energy and Safety (NES) department, and at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, as a lecturer on Computational Multiphase Thermal Fluid Dynamics. He received his Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Rijeka, Croatia in 1994, and his Doctorate in Physics from the Delft University of Technology (TU-Delft) in 2001. In 2002, he joined AVL in Graz, Austria, to work as a software developer on parallelization of AVL’s Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) code FIRE. Since 2005 he was working as a CFD specialist at PSI and since 2007 he is the group leader. His personal research interests cover modeling of thermal-hydraulic phenomena pertinent to safety of nuclear installations with particular emphasis on mathematical modeling of multiphase flows. He is also involved in the development of CFD modules/codes and numerical methods and optimization of CFD codes for high performance computational platforms. Due to his scientific output, he is a member of PSI’s Research Committee, a board of experts defining research directions for PSI.
- 1997 – 2001: Doctorate in Physics, TU-Delft, The Netherlands
- 1989 – 1994: Diploma Engineer in Mechanical Engineering, University of Rijeka, Croatia
- 2008 - now: Lecturer on Computational Multiphase Thermal Fluid Dynamics at ETH, Zurich.
- 2007 - now: Leader of Modeling and Simulation group in LTH, NES, PSI, Switzerland
- 2005 - 2007: Scientist at Modeling and Simulation group of LTH, NES, PSI, Switzerland
- 2003 - 2005: Software Developer at Advanced Simulation Technologies, AVL, Graz, Austria
- 2001 - 2002: Post-Doc. at Faculty of Applied Physics, TU-Delft, The Netherlands
- 1997 - 2001: Research Assistant at Faculty of Applied Physics, TU-Delft, The Netherlands
- 1996 - 1997: Research Fellow at DINMA, University of Trieste, Italy