- Developing high-pressure processes for the hydrothermal valorization of organic wastes and biomass to synthetic natural gas (SNG), liquid fuels, or biochar.
- Studying chemical conversions in sub- and supercritical water.
- Studying lignin chemistry towards its depolymerization to valuable chemicals.
- Developing, characterizing, and testing catalysts for bioenergy processes.
- Modeling of catalytic reactions and reactors (kinetics, heat and mass transfer)
- Development of a catalytic hydrothermal gasification process from TRL 1 to 6.
- Erection of a pilot plant for the catalytic hydrothermal gasification process.
- In-situ observation of a ruthenium catalyst under supercritical water conditions.
- In-situ observation of salt precipitation from supercritical water.
- Development of an optically accessible channel reactor for measuring surface temperatures and concentration profiles along a catalyst plate.