Multiscale reactive transport in natural and engineered barrier systems
Scope of applications
- Long term predictions of the in situ repository conditions and radionuclide transport.
- Support of performance assessment studies with data, models and expertise in process understanding.
- Modeling of laboratory and field experiments, support the planning of experiments.
- Reactivity of natural and technical barriers.
LES multiscale program
- Consistent description of transport processes from atomistic to geological scales.
- Calibration and validation with experimental data, strategic in-house model development.
- High-performance computing and large-scale experimental facilities at PSI and ETH – domain.
- Joint development of state-of-the-art chemical solvers and transport codes.