General InformationFor detailed user information please refer to PSI User Office. For detailed TOMCAT beamline informations please refer to Endstations.
Beamtime schedulingThe scheduling periods and deadlines for calls for proposals can be found in detail at SLS Proposal Calls.
|Beamlines Call schedule (non-PX)|
|End period, Normal/Test/Pilot||2017/06/30||2017/12/31|
- Proposers interested in an experiment at this beamline are asked to contact one of the beamline scientists prior to submitting a proposal.
- Proposals have to be submitted using the SLS Digital Users Office (DUO).
- Important deadlines for proposal submissions can be found at SLS Proposal Calls.
Long-term proposals extend over three scheduling periods. Justification for submitting a long-term proposal should be compelling. In general, proposals for experiments that are considered to be "high-risk" are unlikely to obtain long-term status until their feasibility has been proven. Even then, it should be apparent to the PRC, such as through publications in high-profile journals, that long-term status is justified.
Industry UsersPlease contact directly the beamline responsible, Dr. Marco Stampanoni, ++41 56 310 47 24 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Beamline ScheduleYou can access the current TOMCAT schedule in the SLS Operation Calendar.
Preparing For BeamtimeIt is recommended that the proposer contact a beamline scientist (see Staff) in advance of his/her experiment to adequately prepare for his/her beamtime. He/she should first carefully check this website, (endstations or detectors), to see what is available at TOMCAT. In addition, requests for dosimeters can be obtained by the DUO.
Please consider the following points for discussion with the beamline scientist:
- Desired photon energy?
- Desired spatial/temporal resolution(s)?
- Classical absorption-based or phase contrast imaging?
- Transmission of the sample at the desired photon energy?
- Sample mounting possibilities and constraints?
- In situ setups?
- Number of hard drives required for the experiments?
During BeamtimeShift Schedule
User support is available from 07.00 until 23.00 during the week, using the numbers posted at the beamline and under the contact numbers on the website. On the weekend, user support is organized via the local contact.
|Morning Shift||07:00 - 15:00|
|Evening Shift||15:00 - 23:00|
|Night Shift||23:00 - 07:00|