Macromolecular Crystallisation Facility at the PSI
The facility is equipped for robotic crystallization screening using sitting-drop vapour diffusion or lipidic cubic phase; and to image, analyse, optimise, mount and test crystals grown in those experiments.
Access to the Facility
- How can we increase the hit rate in our crystal screening?
- How can we escape unproductive cycles of optimisation?
- Can we engineer an optimal crystal form for drug discovery?
- What can we do when high-throughput crystallisation experiments doesn’t deliver?
- What's the best way to grow crystals for a FEL?
Seeding for Success: we use microseed matrix screening to increase hit-rate, to engineer crystal forms and to crystallise challenging proteins where other approaches have failed.
Diffraction before Disturbance: our unique location allows us to test the diffraction quality of crystals in-plate at a world leading synchrotron beamline. This means more rapid and better-informed iterations of crystal optimisation.
Supplying the SwissFEL: free-electron lasers are revolutionising macromolecular crystallography. We are developing techniques for nano and micro crystal growth to fuel the future need for FEL samples.
How to Contact Us
Please contact May Marsh by email or by telephone (+41 56 310 5437) for more information.