High Performance Computing and Emerging technologies Group
HPC infrastructure managed by HPCE
- PSI public systems
- Merlin5: the 5th generation of the local PSI HPC systems is being procured and installed in 2019. It will offer resources for PSI's mid-range HPC requirements. Merlin5 is mostly composed of CPU based nodes. It integrates a number of GPU resources that are dedicated to the research of the BIO division.
- PSI share of the CSCS Piz Daint supercomputer: PSI users have access to a share of Piz Daint. Use of the PSI share is subject to a PSI internal proposal and evaluation by the PSI research commission (FOKO).
- dedicated special purpose systems
- LHC CMS/Tier-3: A cluster integrated into the LHC Grid focusing on end-user analysis of LHC data. It is operated and financed as a collaboration of the CMS groups of PSI, ETHZ, and UniZ. Operated for the High Energy Physics group.
- MEG data analysis cluster: A cluster tightly coupled to Merlin5 and dedicated to the analysis of data from the MEG experiment. Operated for the Muon Physics group.
- procurement and construction of the Merlin5 cluster
- HPC integration and data management services for the BIO division.