Technology Assessment GroupThe Technology Assessment group is part of the multi-disciplinary Laboratory for Energy systems Analysis (LEA) at the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) and is the continuation of the former GaBE Project. Technology Assessment incorporates a comprehensive range of research areas to achieve three main objectives:
- To improve understanding and thereby enable comparisons of current energy technologies and future energy options of the electricity, heating and transport sectors based on environmental, economic and socially relevant factors.
- To provide quantitative, systematic, and interdisciplinary assessments of energy technologies and energy supply strategies through the development and application of consistent and methodological frameworks and databases.
- To support rational decision-making for sustainable development in the Swiss and international energy sectors, and to communicate balanced research findings to decision-makers and stakeholders.
Latest NewsNew report from major project lead by TA-Group members:
Opportunities and challenges for electric mobility: an interdisciplinary assessment of passenger vehicles
New publications on scientific journals from the TA-Group members:
- David Parra, Maciej Swierczynski, Daniel I. Stroe, Stuart. A. Norman, Andreas Abdon, Jörg Worlitschek, Travis O’Doherty, Lucelia Rodrigues, Mark Gillott, Xiaojin Zhang, Christian Bauer and Martin K. Patel (2017). An interdisciplinary review of energy storage for communities: Challenges and perspectives. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. Vol. 79, pp. 730-749
- Emilie Sutra, Matteo Spada and Peter Burgherr (2017). Chemicals usage in stimulation processes for shale gas and deep geothermal systems: A comprehensive review and comparison. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. Vol. 77, pp. 1-11
- Kathrin Volkart, Nicolas Weidmann, Christian Bauer, and Stefan Hirschberg (2017). Multi-criteria decision analysis of energy system transformation pathways: A case study for Switzerland. Energy Policy. Vol. 106, pp. 155-168
- David Parra, Xiaojin Zhang, Christian Bauer, and Martin K. Patel (2017). An integrated techno-economic and life cycle environmental assessment of power-to-gas systems. Applied Energy. Vol. 193, pp. 440-454
- Xiaojin Zhang, Christian Bauer, Chris Mutel and Kathrin Volkart (2017). Life Cycle Assessment of Power-to-Gas: Approaches, system variations and their environmental implications. Applied Energy. Vol. 190, pp. 326–338