Technology Assessment GroupThe Technology Assessment group is part of the multi-disciplinary Laboratory for Energy systems Analysis (LEA) at the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) and is the continuation of the former GaBE Project. Technology Assessment incorporates a comprehensive range of research areas to achieve three main objectives:
- To improve understanding and thereby enable comparisons of current energy technologies and future energy options for the electricity, heating and transport sectors based on environmental, economic and socially relevant factors.
- To provide quantitative, systematic, and interdisciplinary assessments of energy technologies and energy supply strategies through the development and application of consistent methodological frameworks and databases.
- To support rational decision-making for sustainable development in the Swiss and international energy sectors, and to communicate balanced research findings to decision-makers and stakeholders.
Latest NewsNew article by TA-Group members:
- Potentials, costs and environmental assessment of electricity generation technologies.
- ISCHESS: Integration of stochastic renewables in the Swiss electricity supply system.
- Opportunities and challenges for electric mobility: an interdisciplinary assessment of passenger vehicles
- Laurent Vandepaer, Julie Cloutier, Christian Bauer and Ben Amor (2018). Integrating Batteries in the Future Swiss Electricity Supply System - A Consequential Environmental Assessment. Journal of Industrial Ecology.
- Matteo Spada, Peter Burgherr and Markus Hohl (2018). Toward the validation of a National Risk Assessment against historical observations using a Bayesian approach: application to the Swiss case. Journal of Risk Research
- Matteo Spada, Florentina Paraschiv and Peter Burgherr (2018). A Comparison of Risk Measures for Accidents in the Energy Sector and Their Implications on Decision-Making Strategies. Energy.
- Matteo Spada, Peter Burgherr and Pierre Boutinard Rouelle (2018). Comparative risk assessment with focus on hydrogen and selected fuel cells: Application to Europe. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy.
- Pascal Lesage, Chris Mutel, Urs Schenker, Manuele Margni (2018). Uncertainty analysis in LCA using precalculated aggregated datasets. International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment.
- Brian Cox, Chris Mutel, Christian Bauer, Angelica Mendoza Beltran and Detlef van Vuuren (2018). The uncertain environmental footprint of current and future battery electric vehicles. Environmental Science & Technology.