Technology Assessment GroupThe Technology Assessment group is part of the multi-disciplinary Laboratory for Energy systems Analysis (LEA) at the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) and is the continuation of the former GaBE Project. Technology Assessment incorporates a comprehensive range of research areas to achieve three main objectives:
- To improve understanding and thereby enable comparisons of current energy technologies and future energy options for the electricity, heating and transport sectors based on environmental, economic and socially relevant factors.
- To provide quantitative, systematic, and interdisciplinary assessments of energy technologies and energy supply strategies through the development and application of consistent methodological frameworks and databases.
- To support rational decision-making for sustainable development in the Swiss and international energy sectors, and to communicate balanced research findings to decision-makers and stakeholders.
Latest NewsNew article by TA-Group members:
- Potentials, costs and environmental assessment of electricity generation technologies.
- ISCHESS: Integration of stochastic renewables in the Swiss electricity supply system.
- Opportunities and challenges for electric mobility: an interdisciplinary assessment of passenger vehicles
- Chris Mutel, Xun Liao, Laure Patouillard, Jane Bare, Peter Fantke, Rolf Frischknecht, Michael Hauschild, Olivier Jolliet, Danielle Maia de Souza, Alexis Laurent, Stephan Pfister, Francesca Verones (2018). Overview and recommendations for regionalized life cycle impact assessment. The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment
- Kathrin Volkhart, Chris Mutel and Evangelos Panos (2018). Integrating life cycle assessment and energy system modelling: Methodology and application to the world energy scenarios. Sustainable Production and Consumption
- Anna Kalinina, Matteo Spada and Peter Burgherr (2018). Application of a Bayesian hierarchical modeling for risk assessment of accidents at hydropower dams. Safety Science, Vol. 110, pp. 164-177
- Giuseppe Cardellini, Chris Mutel, Estelle Vial and Bart Muys (2018). Temporalis, a generic method and tool for dynamic Life Cycle Assessment. Science of The Total Environment, Vol. 645, pp. 585-595
- Laurent Vandepaer, Julie Cloutier, Christian Bauer and Ben Amor (2018). Integrating Batteries in the Future Swiss Electricity Supply System - A Consequential Environmental Assessment. Journal of Industrial Ecology.
- Matteo Spada, Peter Burgherr and Markus Hohl (2018). Toward the validation of a National Risk Assessment against historical observations using a Bayesian approach: application to the Swiss case. Journal of Risk Research
- Matteo Spada, Florentina Paraschiv and Peter Burgherr (2018). A Comparison of Risk Measures for Accidents in the Energy Sector and Their Implications on Decision-Making Strategies. Energy.