Description of the Motor Drives on the GPD Spectrometer
Important Note: All motor drives are equipped individually with limit switches and all drives usually can be moved safely between this limits. But his may not be the case for the spectrometer drives in the your present setup. Movement of the cryostat table, e.g., could damage the spectrometer components if the UP/DOWN-detectors are in place. Please first check carefully inside the area if the desired components can move safely. Check also cables and other parts and switch off all motor drives that you don't need (see below). Be always aware of possible movements when you manipulate anything on the spectrometer. Somebody could sit in front of a remote computer and play with the motor drives!
The main components of the control system are located in a yellow rack in the area:
To operate proceed as follows:
- Stop front end 'smngpd' on DELTAT. Remark: DELTAT will take control of the motor
- Select the 'Normal' position on the safety switch of the channel to be used (LEDs 'Disable' and 'Pwr. Off' not lit).
- Hold down the remote/local controller button of the left control & display unit for a few seconds until the move+/- button (yellow) switch on.
- Select the channel by pressing one of the channel selection buttons.
- Use the move +/- buttons to move the selected motor drive to the desired position. Remark: Holding down the corresponding channel selection button while pressing 'move +/-' will result in high speed movement which makes sense especially when the cryostat table is moved out completely.
Modify Devices... smngpd...
An example for an Autorun command is