SLS Operation StatisticsThe following picture shows the main figures of the operation statistics for the SLS. More detailed information can be found in the yearly operation reports.
User Operation is the total time when the machine has been scheduled for users (User-Time). Our target is to deliver around 5000 hours per year for User Operation. The Availability is the percentage of the user time where beam was delivered. The Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) is the average time between two beam losses.
- Downtime: time between beam loss (Ibeam < 20mA) and full recovery (Ibeam >= Inominal = 400 mA).
- Short-uptime-rule: if two beam outages have less than 1 hour of uptime in between, it is counted as one long downtime.
- Scheduled-user-time: this time is distributed between the accepted user proposals
- Scheduled-user-reserve-time: additional user time, provided to compensate beam outages (introduced 2004)
- User-Time: Scheduled-user-time + Scheduled-user-reserve-time
- Delivered-beam-time: User-Time - Downtime
- Total-downtime: Sum over all individual Downtime of one year
- Number-of-faults: Count of all individual Downtimes
- Number-of-distortion = Incidence count of Downtimes, beam drops and orbit feedback failures
- Availability: Delivered-beam-time / User-Time.
- Availability after compensation: Delivered-beam-time / Scheduled-user-time.
- MTBF: Mean Time Between Failures = User-Time / (Number-of-faults + 1)
- MTTR: Mean Time To Recover = Total-downtime / Number-of-faults
- MTBD: Mean Time Between Distortions = User Time / Number-of-distortion
|Beam Time Statistics||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017|
|Swiss Light Source||[h]||[%]||[h]||[%]||[h]||[%]||[h]||[%]||[h]||[%]||[h]||[%]||[h]||[%]|
|o total beam time||6824||77.9||6928||78.9||6904||78.8||6888||78.6||6872||78.4||6864||78.1||6760||77.2|
|+ user operation||5000||57.1||4968||56.6||5032||57.4||4984||56.9||5056||57.7||5016||57.1||5024||57.4|
|- incl. compensation time||160||1.8||160||1.8||216||2.5||160||1.8||160||1.8||160||1.8||160||1.8|
|+ beamline commissioning||976||11.1||968||11.0||816||9.3||832||9.5||728||8.3||800||9.1||944||10.8|
|+ setup & beam development||848||9.7||992||11.3||1056||12.1||1072||12.2||1088||12.4||1048||11.9||944||10.8|
|o downtimes at user operation||53||59||66||37||46||25|
|+ unscheduled outage||65 h||1.3%||63 h||1.3%||186 h||3.7%||123 h||2.5%||49 h||1.0%||45 h||0.9%|
|+ injector outage (non top-up)||22 h||0.4%||22 h||0.5%||27 h||0.5%||10 h||0.2%||11 h||0.2%||1 h||0.0%|
|Total beam integral||2506 Ah||2369 Ah||2447 Ah||2455 Ah||2497 Ah||2497 Ah|
|Availability after Compensation||101.9%||102.0%||100.6%||100.8%||102.3%||102.4%|
|MTBF||94.3 h||84.2 h||75.1 h||131.2 h||107.6 h||193.0 h|
|MTTR||1.2 h||1.1 h||2.8 h||3.3 h||1.1 h||1.8 h|
|MTBD||38 h||37 h||24 h||55 h||35 h||67 h|