MORPHEUS: Two-axes neutron diffractometer & reflectometerMORPHEUS is a versatile two-axis diffractometer. Reflectometric measurements and simple crystallographic tasks are the domain of MORPHEUS as well as it is a basis for tests and preliminary measurements in the development of new instrumentation concepts. Unique possibilities exist for the characterization of neutron optical coatings in conjunction with the polarised beam option.
A Ultra Small Angle Neutron Scattering (USANS) option is available on Morpheus. For details see ECHO.
The instrument can be used in conjunction with:
- the development of supermirror coatings for neutron guides
- quality control of multilayer coatings and polarizers produced at PSI and elsewhere
- test of polarizing equipment
- sample alignment
- the implementation and test of electronic components for neutron spectrometers
- feasibility studies for experiments as neutron topo-tomography
- tests of prototypes for new instruments as e.g. MARS
- ultra small angle neutron scattering (ECHO)