Operation of HOTLABThe Hot laboratory operation group is responsible for the safety and security related infrastructure of the laboratory.
An extensive safety infrastructure is necessary for the reliable examination of highly radioactive materials.
Ventilation system filter banks
- An uninterrupted power supply.
- A complex ventilation system maintaining several low pressure levels.
- Waste air and water cleaning systems.
- Conditioning devices for liquid and solid waste.
- Radioactivity monitoring devices.
- A fission material bookkeeping system in order to avoid criticality accidents.
- Safety devices against sabotage and theft of nuclear material.
- A control room to supervise and operate the laboratory.