The project aims at the application of nanostructure characterization using SAXS tensor tomography (SASTT) and ptychographic nanotomography (PXCT) to a fuel cell cathode material. It is a collaboration between Chalmers University of Technology (Goteborg, Sweden), Paul Scherrer Institut (Villigen, Switzerland), and MAX IV (Lund, Sweden). Your tasks will be:
- Algorithm and experimental method development in SAXS imaging in 2D and 3D
- Experiments will be performed at the cSAXS beamline in SLS and, as instrumentation becomes available, in MAX IV
- Knowledge transfer from PSI to MAXIV for scanning SAXS experiments
- Presentation of results at conferences, workshops and in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- User support at the cSAXS beamline
- PhD degree in physics or similar natural science discipline, signal/image processing or engineering
- Experience in experimental data acquisition and/or analysis
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is initially limited to 1.5 years. After this period another contract for 1.5 years will be available by MAX IV.
For further information please contact Dr. Manuel Guizar-Sicairos, phone +41 56 310 34 09 or e-mail email@example.com. Please submit your application online including list of publications and addresses of referees for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 6113-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Nicole Schubert, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland