- Development of a state-of-the-art treatment 3D planning system for ocular proton therapy within an existing framework based on an existing prototype
- Development of methods for fast and automated treatment plan optimization
- PhD degree in physics, biomedical engineering, computer sciences, or other relevant field
- Previous experience with dose optimization and calculation algorithm in radiation therapy will be considered an asset for this position
- Proficient programing skills in Java, Matlab, and / or C / C++ will be considered an asset for this position
- Interest in highly sophisticated software architecture and design will be considered an asset for this position
- Team player
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
You will become part of a research team, which contributes to a grant-funded project, aiming at development of non-invasive workflow for ocular proton therapy.
Your employment contract is limited to two years.
For further information please contact Dr Jan Hrbacek, phone +41 56 310 37 36.
Please submit your application online by May 31st 2019 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 1722-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Sabrina Orteca, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland.