Secondary Aerosol Formation (S-Feinstaub)
Contact: André Prévôt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope of project
- Trucks with different exhaust after-treatment (100% diesel versus 50%diesel/50% liquid gas)
- Diesel light duty vehicles (focus on high speeds)
- Gasoline light duty vehicles (focus on cold start at different temperatures)
- Scooters (2-stroke versus 4-stroke and the first trial of new aromatic free fuels and oils)
- Non-road Diesel-engines (focus on construction machinery with particle filters)
- Influence of biofuels (bio-ethanol cars at different temperatures)
- Ispra, Italy, September 15 - October 28 2011
- Biel, Switzerland, Bern University of Applied Sciences, 2012
- Ispra, Italy, 2012
- Results so far indicate that 2-stroke scooters are an important source of both primary and secondary carbonaceous particulate matter
Journal ArticlesImpact of aftertreatment devices on primary emissions and secondary organic aerosol formation potential from in-use diesel vehicles: results from smog chamber experiments.
Chirico, R., P. F. DeCarlo, M. F. Heringa, T. Tritscher, R. Richter, A. S. H. Prevot, J. Dommen, E. Weingartner, G. Wehrle, M. Gysel, M. Laborde, and U. Baltensperger, 2010
Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 10, 11545-11563.
Investigations of primary and secondary particulate matter of different wood combustion appliances with a high-resolution time-of-flight aerosol mass spectrometer.
Heringa, M. F., P. F. DeCarlo, R. Chirico, T. Tritscher, J. Dommen, E. Weingartner, R. Richter, G. Wehrle, A. S. H. Prevot, and U. Baltensperger, 2011
Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 11, 5945-5957.