Catalysis for Energy Group (CEG)
The Catalysis for Energy Group (CEG) is part of the Bioenergy and Catalysis Laboratory (LBK) in the Energy and Environment Research Division (ENE).
Our research focuses on environmental catalysis, catalysis for energy conversion processes and operando spectroscopy.
20 Jun 2019
- The paper of Rob has made it in ACS Catalysis. This is also our first publication on Raman spectroscopy.
27 Feb 2019
- Our activity on operando spectroscopy of NH3-SCR finds space in GIT Laboratory Journal.
9 Jan 2019
- The paper of Patrick 'Stable Ni particles through structural reversibility in La-Fe-Ni perovskite type metal oxide catalysts' received the attention of Advances in Engineering.
2 Nov 2018
- Adrian receives a Doctoral Program Thesis Distinction from EPFL for his PhD thesis. Congratulations!
27 Apr 2018
- The work of Andrey on Pd exchanged zeolites for methane lean oxidation has been finally accepted for publication in Nature Communications.
11 Oct 2017
- Our paper 'Genesis of a Co–salicylaldimine complex on silica followed in situ by FTIR and XAS' has been awarded a cover picture in ChemPhysChem. doi:10.1002/cphc.201701076.
23 Aug 2017
- Andrey has received the second best oral presentation award in the session Catalysis Science & Engineering at the Fall Meeting 2017 of the Swiss Chemical Society held in Bern, 21-22 August 2017. Congratulations!
24 Aug 2016
- Our Angewandte Chemie paper on the active sites for NH3-SCR on a V-W-TiO2 catalyst is out! You will find it here.
10 Aug 2015
- We congratulate Manasa for her second best poster award at the Catalysis Fundamentals and Practice Summer School held in Liverpool (UK), 20-24 July 2015.
1 Jun 2015
- The 2014 Annual Activity Report of the Competence Centre for Materials Science and Technology (CCMX) reports on our recent developments in the design of tools to determine structure-activity relationships of functional materials. http://www.ccmx.ch/ccmx/annual-reports/
11 Sep 2014
- Katarzyna Michalow-Mauke has received a poster award at the Fall Meeting 2014 of the Swiss Chemical Society (session Catalysis Science and Engineering) held at University of Zurich. Title: 'WO3/CexTi1-xO2 nano-catalyst prepared by one-step flame spray synthesis for NOx reduction in the NH3-SCR'. Congratulations!
25 Aug 2014
- Our article in Catalysis Science & Technology is illustrated by the cover of the September 2014 issue:
- Y. Lu, S. Keav, V. Marchionni, G.L. Chiarello, A. Pappacena, M. Di Michiel, M.A. Newton, A. Weidenkaff, D. Ferri, Ageing induced improvement of methane oxidation activity of Pd/YFeO3, Catal. Sci. Technol. 2014, 4, 2687. doi: 10.1039/C4CY00289J
12 Mar 2013
- Our article in Catalysis Science & Technology is illustrated by the cover of the April 2013 issue:
- A.M. Bernhard, D. Peitz, M. Elsener, T. Schildhauer, O. Kröcher, Catalytic urea hydrolysis in the selective catalytic reduction of NOx: Catalyst screening and kinetics on anatase TiO2 and ZrO2, Catal. Sci. Technol. 2013, 3(4), 942-951. doi:10.1039/C2CY20668D