Process for Joint Initiatives 2023
At its meeting in December 2022, the ETH Board decided to launch a new call for Joint Initiatives in September 2023 in the Strategic Areas of Human Health, Responsible Digital Transformation and Advanced Materials and Key Technologies.
This call will provide opportunities to initiate new collaborations within the targeted Strategic Areas between ETH Domain institutions and also with external partners as appropriate.
Joint Initiatives have the explicit ambition to achieve a tangible impact on society and in addition must meet the following criteria:
- They are related to the Strategic Areas of the ETH Domain for 2025-2028 targeted in the respective call.
- They address the question: “How to best serve Switzerland?”
- They require a higher level of inter-institutional coordination and cooperation than an individual institution can bear alone to achieve excellence at the national and international level.
- They should lead to new institutionalised forms of collaboration within the ETH Domain and beyond, and be of national relevance (e.g. national platforms).
- They have a long-term horizon.
|Call opens||September 2023|
|Pre-proposal Deadline||December 2023|
|Pre-proposal Decision||February 2024|
|Full proposal Deadline||March 2024|
|Funding Decision||July 2024|
Timetable for the next Joint Initiative Calls: