X10SA (PXII) Beamline Calendar
For standard X-ray diffraction data collection, there is no public proposal system for X10SA. The available time is divided between the partner institutions.
|Beamline for||Academic Users||Industrial Users|
|Morning Shift||10:00 - 18:00||10:00 - 18:00|
|Evening Shift||18:00 - 02:00||18:00 - 02:00|
|Night Shift||02:00 - 10:00||02:00 - 10:00|
Please note that the entire shift is 8 h but the actual measurement time officially starts one hour after the allocated shift starting time to allow setup and loading/removing of pucks in the robot sample changer. Still, the local contact will let you know if you are able to start earlier.
- The beamtime has to be cancelled at latest 2 weeks in advance, otherwise the shifts will be fully deduced from the number of available shifts.
- In case the user provides a substitute with a valid proposal within the 2 week period the shifts will be deduced from the proposal of the substitute.
- The same rules and cancellation period hold for proprietary beamtime, with the difference that the shifts will be charged to the customer even if they are not used.
- The information about shift cancellations must be sent to the responsible beamline staff as well as to the local contact of the corresponding date if already assigned.
- The duration of the shift comprises setup of the beamline and possible loading/removing of samples in the robot.