Working with us
Scientist (Global energy modelling)
- Cutting-edge research related to integrated energy systems analysis
- Apply and develop existing energy modelling tools at PSI including development of new methodologies to analyze global long-term energy sector developments and climate change mitigation policies
- Contribute to research projects (i.e. World Energy Scenarios) and lead research projects as well as acquisition of funding for new projects
- PhD or an equivalent advanced degree in engineering, energy/environmental science, economics and/or policy
- Very good skills in quantitative methods and optimisation tools, preferably experiences in the application of energy modelling frameworks such as MARKAL/TIMES
- Good understanding of techno-economic characteristics of energy technologies and mobility technologies in particular
- Exposure to the Swiss and European energy policy issues, such as decarbonisation of transportation strategy is an advantage
- Good English language skills (spoken and written) are essential.
- German language is an additional benefit
- Publications in peer reviewed international journals
Other student opportunities
We are committed to the training of future generations. Time to time we do offer internships
, semester projects and master thesis topics. Currently the following themes/projects are available...
We offer a 3-month student internship for registered Master degree students from any Swiss or European university. You are expected to compile information on decarbonisation energy technologies for a data repository. Therefore, a good understanding of energy technology is a prerequisite for this internship. If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org