Joint Users' Association of PSI - JUSAP
The mission of the PSI Users Association JUSAP is to promote research at the user laboratories of the Paul Scherrer Institut. It is organized and legitimated by the user community and acts as a link to the various bodies engaged in the operation and management of the PSI user facilities. JUSAP takes part in the organization of user-related events, such as the user meetings. It advances the education and training of young scientists who work at synchrotrons, neutron and muon sources.
Regulations of June 11, 2008 (modif Sep 15, 2011)
PSI User Representation by the PSI Users Association:
- The PSI Users Association is represented by a board of 3 to 8 members.
- The Board members and its Chairman are elected for one period of office by the SLS/SINQ/SμS Users.
- The Chairman is a Board member, with an affiliation outside PSI and represents the opinion of the board.
- He or she is the official link between the users and the PSI user facilities.
- The board discusses on a regular base the issues of the users and reports at the users meeting.
- The period of office for the Board members is 4 years.
- The Board members - except the chairperson - may be re-elected for a second period.
JUSAP board members
Presently JUSAP is represented by the following board members:
- Sarah Dunsiger, TU Munich, Germany, for SμS, chairwoman
- Artur Braun, EMPA Dübendorf, Switzerland, for SLS
- Annick Froideval, Paul Scherrer Institut, Switzerland, for SLS
- Clemens Schulze-Briese, Dectris AG, Switzerland, for SLS and industrial use
- Lise Arleth, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, for SINQ
- Peter Fischer, ETH Zürich, Switzerland, for SINQ