Technology Assessment GroupThe Technology Assessment group is part of the multi-disciplinary Laboratory for Energy systems Analysis (LEA) at the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) and is the continuation of the former GaBE Project. Technology Assessment incorporates a comprehensive range of research areas to achieve three main objectives:
- To improve understanding and thereby enable comparisons of current energy technologies and future energy options of the electricity, heating and transport sectors based on environmental, economic and socially relevant factors.
- To provide quantitative, systematic, and interdisciplinary assessments of energy technologies and energy supply strategies through the development and application of consistent and methodological frameworks and databases.
- To support rational decision-making for sustainable development in the Swiss and international energy sectors, and to communicate balanced research findings to decision-makers and stakeholders.
Latest NewsNew Book Chapter including contributions from the TA-Group members:
- Miguel Fernandez Astudillo, Karin Treyer, Christian Bauer, Mourad Ben Amor (2015). Exploring Challenges and Opportunities of Life Cycle Management in the Electricity Sector. In: Life Cycle Management, Springer Science+Business Media, Dordrecht, Netherlands, pp. 295-306
- Rebecca Lordan, Matteo Spada and Peter Burgherr (2015). Import-adjusted fatality rates for individual Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) countries caused by accidents in the oil energy chain. Journal of Cleaner Production
- Peter Burgherr, Jennifer Giroux and Matteo Spada (2015). Accidents in the Energy Sector and Energy Infrastructure Attacks in the Context of Energy Security. European Journal of Risk Regulation. Vol. 6(2), pp. 271-283