Getting started with data analysisGetting started with data analysis is a two-steps procedure
1. Setting up an account
Internal PSI usersPeople with a PSI account can just use this account to access the resources to which they are authorized, and access data provided they are a member of a corresponding p-group. People are assigned to p-groups via an interface currently only available to beamline managers, so contact your beamline manager for this.
External users (non PSI employees)External users have to request for a personal external PSI Account. To request such an account you should send an email with the following information:
- Your full name, with last name in uppercase
- The name of your institution
- Your duo_account username (for beamline users only)
- Your email address (preferably business email)
- Your mobile telephone number (this will be used by our IT department to send you the password for your external PSI_account )
To test that your account is enabled and your password works, login to cpw.psi.ch machine (where you may also change the password, if needed).