Electronic Design Core Team: skills & servicesAnalog Electronic Designs:
Particles (α, β, γ, n, ... etc.) interacting with matter in various sensor devices are usually detected by measuring
- tiny amounts of charge resulting from "charge separation processes" following the energy transfer events inside of sensing devices,
- tiny amounts of light (down to single photons) from scintillation processes inside optimized chunks and/or tiny sections of matter.
For various types of Silicon-PhotoMultipliers (SiPM's, MPPC's, etc. ...) we are developing biasing and high bandwidth readout circuits for many different applications.
Digital Electronic and Firmware Designs:
- Integration of standard interfaces (e.g. 10 Gigabit Ethernet)
- Data streaming to commodity hardware
- μC, CPLD, FPGA ... hardware, firmware and software implementations
- Real-time data acquisition and control software
- Real-time operating systems
- Embedded-System design
- Feasibility studies
- Concept development