Terms and Conditionsregarding reservations and nights’ stay in the
Guest House of the Paul Scherrer Institute
5232 Villigen PSI
1. Conclusion of an AgreementThese Terms and Conditions apply to all services and deliveries provided by the guesthouse of Paul Scherrer Institute. A binding reservation specifying the commercial conditions and possible amendments or additions to these Terms and Conditions is constituted by a request from the guest sent (i) via DUO system, per online form, per email or received by phone and (ii) either booking confirmation of the guesthouse or the execution of guests’ request by the guesthouse of Paul Scherrer Institute.
2. Room AvailabilityThe guest does not receive any claim for the availability of a particular room. Booked rooms are available to the guest from 2 pm on the day of arrival, on weekends or on national and regional bank holidays from 3 pm. On the agreed day of departure, check-out is at 10 am at the latest or one more night will be charged.
3. Cancellation of the Guest
3.1 Single BookingsThe guest is only entitled to rescind a reservation without charge no later than 10 am (local time) on the day of arrival.
In the event of late cancellation, no show or late arrival the guesthouse of Paul Scherrer Institute will charge one (1) night's stay at the then prevailing room rate.
In case of departure before the confirmed departure date, the guesthouse of Paul Scherrer Institute must be notified no later than 10 am on the day of departure. For bookings with a duration of more than four (4) weeks any changes of arrival/departure date or cancellation of the booking later than seven (7) days before the original arrival date the guesthouse of Paul Scherrer Institute will charge a fee of up to seven (7) nights' stay at the then prevailing room rate.
3.1 Group BookingsIn case of cancellation of group bookings of ten (10) rooms or more, the guesthouse of Paul Scherrer Institute is entitled to charge:
- 0 – 2 days before the day of arrival: 100% of the room volume
- 2 – 7 days before the day of arrival: 75% of the room volume
- 7 – 14 days before the day of arrival: 30% of the room volume
4. Payment ConditionsAccommodation costs are payable during opening hours of the reception West in cash or by credit card, V-Pay, Maestro or Postcard. The guesthouse of Paul Scherrer Institute may request an upfront payment, in whole or in part. For arrivals and departures on weekends, an on-payment per credit card is mandatory. Payments after departure can be done with credit card only. The guesthouse of Paul Scherrer Institute does not send invoices payable by bank transfer. A combined invoice may be requested for group bookings of ten (10) rooms or more.
5. LiabilityThe guest is fully liable for all self-inflicted damages (both negligent and with intent) to the guesthouse building and its equipment.
6. AnimalsIt is not allowed to bring along any kind of animals incl. pets to the PSI Guest House.
8. Applicable Law, JurisdictionThese Terms and Conditions, as well as any contractual or non-contractual obligation are governed by the laws of Switzerland, without regard to its conflict of law principles. If any provision is held to be invalid or unenforceable and can be deleted without altering the essence of, this provision will be severed and the remaining provisions will remain in full force or effect. Any dispute shall be finally settled in accordance with the ordinary courts of Brugg, Switzerland. The guesthouse of Paul Scherrer Institute is entitled to file a suit at any competent court having jurisdiction.
Guest House, Paul Scherrer Institut, 5232 Villigen-PSI, Switzerland, last modified July 17th, 2018