Paul Scherrer Institute (in the following "PSI", "we" or "us")
5232 Villigen PSI
Additional regulations especially related to the PSI Guest House are listed in this document, which aims to inform our guests about collecting and processing of their personal data.
Contact: PSI Guest House, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +41-56-310-3222
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
1.1 Data collected during the reservation processThe reservation for a room in the PSI Guest House is possible via an online Web Form, via the Digital User Office DUO or per email. During the reservation process the guest will be asked to provide mandatory information. This includes first name, last name, title, gender, date of birth, citizenship, affiliation, phone number and e-mail address. If a reservation comes about we also need to store the dates of arrival/departure, the number of nights stayed in the Guest House and the category of your room. If a reservation has not been completed, the collected data will be deleted.
1.3 Purposes of data processingWe collect and process personal data for the following purposes:
- to process the reservation for one or more rooms in the PSI Guest House
- for statistical and reporting purposes (in an anonymized manner only)
1.4 Transfer of data to third partiesThis data will be made available to selected PSI employees to process your reservation properly. Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties, except if we are obliged to transfer the data by statutory provisions or by an enforceable order of a court or an administrative authority.
1.5 External service providersWe make use of the hotel reservation software Hogatex. The software client and all backups are physically located on servers within Switzerland. For the purpose of electronic payment we work together with "Six Payment Services, Zurich, Switzerland". We don't have any influence on the personal data you provide during the e-payment procedure. For that please refer to the Data Privacy statement of Six Payment Services.
1.6 Duration of data storageAccording to the Swiss Code of Obligations (Artikel 958f Absatz 4) we are obliged to store your personal data for a duration of at least 10 years after your stay. Personal data related to stays elder than 10 years will be deleted on request. For this purpose please send an email to email@example.com.
3. Data SecurityYour personal data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures. Please note that regarding any communication via email confidentiality cannot be guaranteed as third parties may be able to access the information during the transmission process.
4. Rights of the data subjectYou have the right to be informed and - if certain prerequisites are present - also to correction, to erasure, to limitation of the data processing and - starting at 25 May 2018 - a right to data portability.
Please address your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case you gave us your consent for the processing of data you may withdraw your consent at any time. Your data will be deleted under the conditions described in 1.6 Please note that you can correct parts of your data in DUO by yourself.
5. Complaints to data protection authoritiesYou may file a complaint to the data protection authority. You may file your complaint at your local data protection authority or at the data protection authority locally competent for us. This is:
Eidg. Datenschutz- und Öffentlichkeitsbeauftragter, Feldeggweg 1, 3005 Bern
phone: +41-58-462-4395, http://www.edoeb.admin.ch
6. Contact informationIf you have comments or questions, any concerns or a complaint regarding the collection and use of your personal data, please feel free to contact our data protection officer:
Dr. Werner Roser, Paul Scherrer Institut, 5232 Villigen-PSI
phone: +41-56-310-3514, email: email@example.com