Public Internet Access
The public internet access is a service for guest scientists or conference visitors at PSI. A selection of systems running Linux or Windows are made available to give you easy access to read mail, fetch data etc. Users may also connect their own laptops to the Public Internet to obtain these services.
This service is available in room U124 in the auditorium building WHGA and is open during worktime hours. To get to this room, enter the reddish building diagonally opposite the PSI West Loge (see picture), go down the stairs and take the left corridor. U124 is the first room on the right. If you need assistance, ask at the user support helpdesk at the bottom of the stairs. Access also available for guest house users.
- What is offered:
- Easy access to the internet and the possibility to connect to home systems
- A standard set of office applications
- Network access sockets to the "Public Internet" for user laptops are marked accordingly with "Guest Net"
- The WLAN at PSI.
- Possibilities to print PSI printers using the methods described
- What is not available:
- The systems are not on the same network as PSI systems and therefore there is no possibility to connect to the PSI Intranet (Web pages or Windows file system services) without using VPN with a PSI account authentication.
Where can I connect my PC?
In every guestroom there is a socket with two jacks. The right one is for the network. Please use a LAN cable with RJ45 connectors.
Where to go now?
After you have connected, your PC will automatically be assigned an IP address. Please enable DHCP for this. Now you are connected to the PSI guestnet.
Which services are available?
Now you can use the internet and access your e-mails
How do I get on the PSI intranet?
You need a valid PSI NT account and a special VPN software which you can download here.
My notebook was working on the guestnet before. Now it seems to be broken. What could be the problem ?
If you connect your computer to the guestnet, sometimes it retains it's old ip address
In this case run a command by pressing (START, RUN)and type:
Who can I ask for more information?
Telephon: 4800 (8pm - 5pm)