- Liquid nitrogen for MCT detectors is available in a small tank in front of the hutch. Close the green bypass valve. Open GENTLY the valve of the compressed air line (black tube) and build some pressure up into the vessel. CLOSE THIS VALVE Syphon as much nitrogen as needed into a small dewar, OPEN the green bypass valve when done.
- Liquid nitrogen supplies to fill the storage tank is located on the side wall of the hutch of beamline 6S at pillar 48. Always use the brass end, as dispenser. Another nitrogen line is at pillar 60, as you enter.
- The entrance is at pillar 0 or 60, the IR beamline is at pillar 21-22. floor view of all beamline
- After some beam dump, the machine has restarted, but the IR line remains dark: open the shutter. For safety reasons, the shutter does not re-open automatically after a beam dump event.
- OPUS has crashed ! I managed to re-start and the password for OPUS is OPUS