As a deputy head of the Dosimetry Group you will be responsible for supporting the dosimetry services and you are expected to carry out active research in the area of personal dosimetry. Your main responsibilities include:
- Act as deputy group leader and deputy head of the accredited testing laboratory
- Provide support for the routine dosimetry services (reporting, dosimeter evaluation, data review, quality management processes, troubleshooting, calibration, maintenance of database, etc.)
- Provide expertise and support in internal dosimetry, including dose calculation using non-standard models
- Provide expertise in the area of personal dosimetry for internal and external customers, when necessary supported by Monte-Carlo simulations
- Research and development projects in the area of dosimetry and radiation measurements
- Be a member of the PSI emergency organization
- Lecture in the area of radiation dosimetry and regulations
- Participation in national and international working groups in the area of radiation dosimetry
- PhD degree in physics or equivalent know-how
- Highly competent in the field of dosimetry and radiation measurement with possible experience in internal dosimetry
- Excellent programming, data analysis and simulation skills (e.g. SQL, R, MATLAB, LabView, FLUKA, MCNP, Geant4)
- Experience with instrumentation
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Attentive to details, well organized and ability to prioritize in a versatile and dynamic work environment (i.e. ability to handle multiple problems)
- Clear communication and ability to work effectively in a team and across different groups within the organization
- Proficient in English and German (both spoken and written). The working language (e.g. correspondence with authorities) is German.
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information please contact Dr Eduardo Yukihara, phone +41 56 310 54 30.
Please submit your application online by 15 December 2019 for the position as a Physicist (index no. 9613-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Sabine Mier, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland