- PhD thesis in source apportionment of particulate matter using filter based mass spectrometry within a project funded by the Federal Office for the Environment and related projects
- Major use of electron ionization aerosol mass spectrometry and extractive electrospray ionization mass spectrometry
- Eventual complimentary measurements with additional techniques (Orbitrap-MS; Radiocarbon)
- Statistical investigation of sources using our developed Source Finder program
- Support and collaboration with other students/postdocs doing source apportionment analyses using on-line and off-line data
- Writing high quality peer-reviewed publications
- Master in aerosol science or related
- Experience in mass spectrometry
- Strong mathematical/statistical background
- Very good english oral and writing skills
- Interested to work with others in a team
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information please contact Dr Andre Prévôt, phone +41 56 310 42 02.
Please submit your application online (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 5501-02).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland