- Characterizing the performance of a new ICP-TOF MS for trace element analysis in ice cores
- Obtaining a trace element record with ICP-TOF MS from an Alpine ice core
- Reconstructing Saharan dust transports and heavy metal pollution from metallurgy over the last 2000 years
- Master or equivalent degree in chemistry, physics or environmental sciences
- Strong interest in experimental work in an interdisciplinary team
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience with analytical chemistry is considered as a plus
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information please contact Margit Schwikowski, phone +41 56 310 41 10.
Please submit your application online by 30 June 2019 (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 5602-04).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland.