System Engineer / DevOps
- Main responsible for the Synchrotron near-time experimental IT infrastructure
- Engage in active communication with experimental scientists to assess ideal solutions to their needs
- Participate in IT infrastructure design (compute, storage, network), with a team of experts in different fields
- Support in design and implement high throughput solutions (compute, storage, network)
- Deputize responsible for other scientific IT infrastructures
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for user community
- Support IT management in decision making (reports, etc.)
Extensive experience in at least one of these topics:
- Operations, configurations and management of parallel file systems and resource scheduling tools (batch systems like Slurm, etc.)
- Deployment automation with state-of-the-art tools (Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
- Performance monitoring, alarming of large computational clusters
- High speed network fabrics, Infiniband, 40/100G ethernet, etc.
The following criteria are an advantage (one or more):
- Experience in operating IT infrastructure in a scientific environment (not necessarily academic)
- Experience in planning and procurement of computational clusters
- Knowledge of German
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information please contact Dr Leonardo Sala, phone +41 56 310 33 69.
Please submit your application online by 14 June 2019 for the position as a System Engineer / DevOps (index no. 9552-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Sabine Mier, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland.