- Prepare and washcoat catalysts on conventional and 3D-printed monoliths
- Assess catalytic performance under simulated feed of natural gas engines
- Design catalytic testing protocols, e.g. periodic operation
- Characterize aged catalysts using state-of-the-art methods
- Publication of the research results in scientific journals and their presentation at national/international conferences
- Report progress to the funding agency and the partners regularly
- PhD degree in heterogeneous catalysis, preferably environmental/automotive catalysis
- Skills in catalyst testing on monolithic or powder catalysts and in catalyst characterization (XRD, BET, TEM, TPD) and corresponding data analysis
- Strong motivation for experimental work in an international team
- Good knowledge of English
- Command of German is advantageous for the communication with lab assistants and technicians
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information please contact Dr Davide Ferri, phone +41 56 310 27 81.
Please submit your application online (including list of publications and addresses of referees) by 31 May 2019 for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5105-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland