Head of Science IT
In this position, you will be responsible for the technical, administrative and budgetary management of the Science IT organization. In-depth understanding and coordination of changing requirements and provided IT services in collaboration with the company’s scientific laboratories will be key for your success. The exponential growth of data volumes will be both a challenge and an opportunity as you take responsibility for the design, implementation and operations of cutting-edge HPC and storage infrastructures. A seamless data pipeline, from acquisition and online processing to offline processing and archiving, is essential for our researchers. You will collaborate, exchange ideas and define best practices with domestic and international academic and industrial partners as part of your activities.
- Management of the Science IT organization
- Personnel and technical leadership of the team
- Management and support of group leaders
- Responsible for budgetary planning and controlling
- Member of the IT leadership team
- Coordination with research laboratories
- Personnel planning
- Strategy development and implementation
- Management and controlling of IT projects Specification, coordination and implementation of policies for data life cycle management
- Identification and utilisation of potential to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- University degree in information technology, physics or similar
- Experience/background in scientific computing, HPC
- Experience in parallel file systems
- Data management and processing at large-scale research facilities
- Willingness to support technical operations
- Ability to work in a team
- Strategic thinking combined with the ability to implement pragmatic solutions
- Fluent in English (German would be a plus)
Are you looking for a pioneering position in an international research institute? This is a key position at one of the most prestigious organisations with outstanding personal development opportunities. You will work with excellent scientists and the results of your work will have a global impact.
For further information please contact: Christian Vils, Rütistrasse 66, CH-8032 Zürich, +41 44 266 13 13, email@example.com
Please send your application online for the position as Head of Science IT.