Conditions of Employment
Information about salary payments, child and education allowances, working hours and holidays.
Supplementary employment conditions apply to doctoral students at PSI. In addition, there is a specific brochure available. The links to both documents can be found in the next paragraph.
Extract from the Conditions of Employment
PSI's salary policy is based on the current market. The annual salary is paid in 13 monthly installments, with the 13th installment added to the November salary.
Child and education allowances
PSI pays generous child and education allowances. Per annum, these are:
- CHF 4497.- for the 1. child
- CHF 2904.- for every subsequent child, up to the age of 16
- CHF 3282.- for every subsequent child, from the age of 17 and still receiving an education
If employment is part-time and below 50 %, the level of the allowance conforms to that set down in the Swiss Law on Family Allowances.
Based on a 5-day week, the working week is 41.5 hours for full time employees. This includes compensation for the period between Christmas and New Year, when the Institute is closed.
Employees are entitled to the following paid holidays per calendar year:
- 6 weeks up to the age of 20
- 5 weeks from the age of 20
- 6 weeks from the age of 50
Every 5 years of service, PSI rewards its employees with a loyalty bonus:
- 05 years' service: 5 days' holiday
- 10 years' service: 11 days' holiday or half a month's salary
- 15 years' service: 11 days' holiday or half a month's salary
- 20 years' service: 22 days' holiday or a full month's salary
- 25 years' service, etc.: 22 days' holiday or a full month's salary
Further contractual conditions can be found under Legal Basis.