Dr. Zhibin Sun
5232 Villigen PSI
Zhibin Sun received his Ph.D. degree from Shandong University at 2018. His PhD thesis is related to single-shot/single-particle imaging and instrumentation design with X-ray Free-Electron Lasers. In addition, he participated in some high-resolution three-dimensional imaging projects(Nano-CT & CDI) at SPring-8, SSRF and SACLA. He is the main member of proposers for Shanghai Soft X-ray Free-Electron (SXFEL) user facility and SHINE (a CW high rep-rate hard X-ray FEL facility in Shanghai). He moved to the Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS), SLAC on Oct. 2016, acting as a visiting scientist, working with LCLS Hard X-ray Department on CXI and MFX instruments works and worked closely with Single Particle Imaging Initiative at CXI and AMO. Before moving to PSI, he got Research Assistant Professor position from ShanghaiTech University. Temporarily leading the design of ultrafast scattering and imaging instrument (CDS) for SHINE.
Zhibin is a PSI-Fellow postdoc of LSF, worked with prof. Christoph Bostedt and Maloja Team at SwissFEL. The main project is light-induced ultrafast phenomenon by ultrafast X-ray scattering and imaging methods. Currently, he's developing aerosol injector for Maloja @ SwissFEL. Participate in some installation, commissioning, and early user operations of Maloja. In addition, carry out some experiments with collaborators at LCLS, EuXFEL, and SACLA.
Ultrafast X-ray scattering & imaging of electronic and structural dynamics with XFEL. High-resolution three-dimensional imaging methods development and applications. Sample delivery development for single-shot X-ray imaging and scattering
1. H. Li, R. Nazari, B. Abbey, R. Alvarez, A. Aquila, K. Ayyer, A. Barty, P. Berntsen, J. Bielecki, A. Pietrini, M. Bucher, G. Carini, H. N. Chapman, A. Contreras, B. J. Daurer, H. DeMirci, L. Flűckiger, M. Frank, J. Hajdu, M. F. Hantke, B. G. Hogue, A. Hosseinizadeh, M. S. Hunter, H. O. Jönsson, R. A. Kirian, R. P. Kurta, D. Loh, F. R. N. C. Maia, A. P. Mancuso, A. J. Morgan, M. McFadden, K. Muehlig, A. Munke, H. K. N. Reddy, C. Nettelblad, A. Ourmazd, M. Rose, P. Schwander, M. Marvin Seibert, J. A. Sellberg, R. G. Sierra, Z. Sun, M. Svenda, I. A. Vartanyants, P. Walter, D. Westphal, G. Williams, P. L. Xavier, C. H. Yoon, S. Zaare. Diffraction data from aerosolized Coliphage PR772 virus particles imaged with the Linac Coherent Light Source. Sci. Data 7, 404 (2020).
2. R. G. Sierra, A. Batyuk, Z. Sun, A. Aquila, M. S. Hunter, T. J. Lane, M. Liang, C. H. Yoon, R. Alonso-Mori, R. Armenta, J.-C. Castagna, M. Hollenbeck, T. O. Osier, M. Hayes, J. Aldrich, R. Curtis, J. E. Koglin, T. Rendahl, E. Rodriguez, S. Carbajo, S. Guillet, R. Paul, P. Hart, K. Nakahara, G. Carini, H. DeMirci, E. H. Dao, B. M. Hayes, Y. P. Rao, M. Chollet, Y. Feng, F. D. Fuller, C. Kupitz, T. Sato, M. H. Seaberg, S. Song, T. B. van Driel, H. Yavas, D. Zhu, A. E. Cohen, S. Wakatsuki, S. Boutet. The Macromolecular Femtosecond Crystallography Instrument at the Linac Coherent Light Source. J. of Synchrotron Rad. 26, 346 (2019).
3. Z. Sun, J. Fan, H. Li, H. Liu, D. Nam, C. Kim, Y. Kim, Y. Han, J. Zhang, S. Yao, J. Park, S. Kim, K. Tono, M. Yabashi, T. Ishikawa, C. Song, C. Fan, H. Jiang. Necessary Experimental Conditions for Single-Shot Diffraction Imaging of DNA-Based Structures with X-ray Free-Electron Lasers. ACS Nano 12, 7509 (2018).
4. S. Yao, J. Fan, Z. Chen, Y. Zong, J. Zhang, Z. Sun, L. Zhang, R. Tai, Z. Liu, C. Chen, H. Jiang. Three-dimensional ultrastructural imaging reveals the nanoscale architecture of mammalian cells. IUCrJ 5 (2018).
5. A. Pryor, A. Rana, R. Xu, J. A. Rodriguez, Y. Yang, M. Gallagher-Jones, H. Jiang, K. Kanhaiya, M. Nathanson, J. Park, S. Kim, S. Kim, D. Nam, Y. Yue, J. Fan, Z. Sun, B. Zhang, D. F. Gardner, C. S. B. Dias, Y. Joti, T. Hatsui, T. Kameshima, Y. Inubushi, K. Tono, J. Y. Lee, M. Yabashi, C. Song, T. Ishikawa, H. C. Kapteyn, M. M. Murnane, H. Heinz, J. Miao. Single-shot 3D coherent diffractive imaging of core-shell nanoparticles with elemental specificity. Sci. Rep. 8, 8284 (2018).
6. Z. Sun, J. Fan, H. Li, H. Jiang. Current Status of Single Particle Imaging with X-ray Lasers. Appl. Sci. 8, 132 (2018).